Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Digi-stamps and Old Embellies on Layouts - Real Cats Scrap!

Digi-stamps are often sent out early in the week to Friday Night Challenge participants over at Scraps of Color. I received one such digi-stamp of a kitty going after a goldfish. Normally, I take the digi-stamps, color them with Copics (I'm a Copic newbie) and try to use them on cards, but for this one I couldn't for the life of me decide what kind of card to put it on.

Then I thought about the fact that I have a cat, and some pretty cool pictures of that cat, and that just maybe I could use that digi-stamp on a layout about my cat. While I know that people often use sentiment and other kinds of image stamps on layouts, I don't know that I've seen too many Copic-colored image stamps on a layout. Not saying that they're not out there...I just haven't seen any. So I decided to treat that image as a third photo to go along with the two photos of Isis I had chosen.

Pulled out my trusty "Page Patterns - Just Plain Simplicity" book and found a simple sketch using three photos. Found some paper, ribbon, a chipboard tag, small journaling tag, and some old, old, old embellishments (now that they're all organized) and got to work. I purchased the stainless steel scrapbooking embellishments years and years ago at a LSS that was going out of business in L.A. (Yes, they are real stainless steel, and yes they are sharp! I know...because I cut myself with one of them!) I think I found the other embellies that they're sitting on at a Big Lots in L.A. years ago. I have no clue where the chipboard tag came from but once I covered it with the coordinating patterned paper and inked the edges, I was pleased with the results. The letters of the title came from the Don Juan Cricut cartridge. Once I got all of my supplies together, the layout came together fairly quickly.

Going Fishing is So Played Out! Real Cats Scrap!

So this is what I learned...
  1. It's okay to color a stamp (digi or rubber) to use on a layout.
  2. Having your scrap stuff organized (I feel another post coming!) really helps you to find the perfect embellishments to use on a project.
  3. Be careful...stainless steel embellishments are sharp!
  4. Get those old embellishments out and use them! You might be surprised at the results...


Thanks for checking me out!

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute Karen! I have something for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete