Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Those Pesky Twisted Rhinestone Flourishes

So....I don't know about all of you, but whenever...and I mean WHENEVER....I try to adhere one of those rhinestone flourishes to a card or layout, they get all twisted on themselves and I usually end up accidentally tearing off pieces while trying to get them untangled (especially when I'm under the gun doing a 30 minute card challenge!). Do you know what I'm talking about? Witness some of those pesky flourishes below...



One night it occurred to me, if transfer tape (or painter's tape) can be used to transfer vinyl, why can't it be used to transfer these lovely embellishments that add "bling" to our projects?

So...I pulled out my wide roll of blue painter's tape, tore off a piece, stuck it on top of the flourish, smoothed it down to make sure it stuck well, and removed the plastic that the flourish was attached to. I placed the tape with the flourish on my project, rubbed it well, slowly removed the tape...and voila! The rhinestone flourish went onto my project without a twist or a turn! The only thing that would have made it easier would have been if I had used clear transfer tape...so I will be placing an order soon.

So...today's lesson is this: when trying to put a rhinestone flourish (or other similar types of embellishment) on a project, try blue painter's tape or clear transfer tape, then embellies attach in a jiffy!

Thanks for checking in!

2 comments: