Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

NO CRAFT SHOPPING FOR THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY!!!

I know...long time, no post. I've been much too busy organizing my craft space (yet again!) so that I can put my hands on something and make the time spent in my craft space more productive. Just in time too!!! 


Over at Scraps of Color, folks LOVE to issue challenges! A "No Craft Spending" challenge was issued as a result of many members viewing this video.





The rules are: 

*No shopping in any store-Michael's, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby, Archivers, etc. 
*No online shopping
*No window shopping
*No HSN shopping
ONLY USE WHAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR SUPPLIES!!!!!
Remind yourself with a note on your page, ask a family member to help you to not to shop, check in with your SOC friends by saying "NO SHOPPING TODAY!"

The "no window shopping" part is fairly easy since my nearest M's is starting to bore me and my nearest J's is over twelve miles away. The online shopping part...not so easy since I am on so many mailing lists and message boards that are full of enablers. My dear son was THRILLED to hear that we would not be going to any craft stores in February since he would much rather play outside than ride with mom on yet another browsing expedition in a craft store. 


I confess that I placed quite a few online orders towards the end of January, so withdrawal hasn't set in yet because yesterday my Cinch arrived in the mail, and the day before my Creatopia (both from HSN) came a knockin'.

So...we'll see how this plays out. It's Day Four and so far I'm not tempted! Since this blog is about what I learn through my crafting experiences, I hope there is a lesson here! Stay tuned....

3 comments:

  1. Day four and no crafty shopping for me as well. Did a little on Jan. 31st at Ms(paper and a flower stamp). Hopefully, I can hold out for another 24 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen,

    I hope you and all the other ladies are able to stick to the ban. I watched your video, looks like you have an awesome space, wishing you the best at organizing it, you are always welcome to ship any surplus to me... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Scrapnlu....that is definitely NOT my space. They would have to hospitalize me if I had a craft space that looks like that. I wouldn't mind having 10% of what she has, but trust I would organize the heck out of it!

    ReplyDelete