Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

A Sketch Challenge and Scrapping in Four Colors

The following layout came about as a result of a sketch from Everything About Scrapbooking that was actually posted as a challenge last week over at Sistas Scrap Too on the Cricut MB. Here's the sketch:



I decided to also use it as my third assignment for SDU, an assignment we never began in class, but one for which I had already selected paper and photos and so figured, why not kill two birds with one stone? Work smarter, not harder, right? This one was based on a Tetrad color combination, which means using a combination of four colors on the color wheel that are two sets of complements. My colors came from the following families: Blue-Green, Red-Violet, Red-Orange, and Yellow-Green.

One of the things that I love about using sketches is that you can follow them as is, or as your creative juices start to flow, rotate it, flip it, switch elements or whatever your heart desires. They are a great starting point when you're staring at photos and paper and can't quite figure out where to begin. While I didn't follow the sketch exactly, I did try to keep the various elements as close to intact as possible. This time, I managed to remember to do some inking and also experimented with chalking my die-cuts: Here is what I came up with:


 And here is a closer look at the left and right pages:



Thanks so much for looking! Now repeat after me..."sketches are my friend, sketches are my friend!"

1 comment:

  1. Karen, this LO is super cute... Love the all the details and the pics are sooo cute... TFS

    ReplyDelete