Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

I've Been Nominated Too!

For what you may ask? Well, for the Creative Blogger Award. For some reason, we never think we are as creative as other people think we are, so I am grateful to my fellow blogger MJ for seeing something in me. She is one of the most gifted card makers I know, so please go and take a peek at her blog My Afrocentric Creations.

The Creative Blogger Award entitles you to join a group of talented people and share your personal thoughts and secrets on your creative endeavors and hopefully you will find some inspiration along the way. And now.... I think I am supposed to respond to some questions about my creative style, so hear goes!

What am I currently working on?
Well... at this time, since I am moving, I am in the process of packing up my craft room. I hope to be done by the end of December. I'll let you know how that goes! The move might even inspire a blog post or two. In between packing and hauling stuff across the street, I manage to work on a simple card here or there. Here's one I made for my Secret Soror late on Friday night.
 
What is my signature style?
I'm really still trying to figure that out. If I am short on time and need some cards, I probably stick very close to a Clean and Simple style. If I have more time, I try to branch out and try new techniques. I DO know that I'm not much for vintage or grunge-inspired style crafting. I've tried my hand at mixed media but prefer things a little less "mixed." If anyone ever figures out my style, would you please let me know?

How do I become inspired and stay inspired?
I love browsing through the SOC Gallery and Somerset's Take Ten Magazine. I'm a "tools" girl too, so sometimes I'm inspired to try to make something with a new punch, embossing folder, cutting die, or some other crafty gadget.

How does my creative process work?
In addition to being a "tools" girl, I am all about using sketches (as evidenced by the number of times I've used the word "sketch" as a label on this blog!). When I sit down to make a card or scrapbook a page and the ideas don't come, I often turn to one of my many books of sketches as a starting point. Sometimes my project turns out exactly like the sketch, but more often it doesn't.

I hope you've enjoyed this peek inside my crafty mind and will leave a comment about what inspires you and how your creative process works. I'm always looking for ideas and ways of working.

And now.... I nominate.....*drum roll please*....... Treva! Please go take a peek over at her blog Treva's Craft Corner and leave her some love. I met Treva on the Cricut Message Board probably well over five years ago. Treva has the sweetest spirit and although we have yet to meet face-to-face, I hope that she will be in my life for a lifetime. Like me, she is a scrapbooker turned card maker who enjoys showcasing her work on her blog.

Until next time!
WrinkleFreeDiva

1 comment:

  1. Great post and I enjoyed reading it. Gonna go over and check Treva out.

    ReplyDelete