Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

National Scrapbook Day

It's been a little while since I've posted...have had lots going on in my life (a lot more than "life happens") and just haven't had the time to really do personal project or post anything new.

On Friday, I decided that I was going to really take NSD as a true holiday and stay in my craft room all day, and that's exactly what I did!

This card is for my "cousin" whose mother passed away on April 1st (the same day as my mother's birthday). Her mother was my mother's best friend, and because my cousin had spent a long time grieving before her passing, a sympathy card didn't seem quite appropriate. So I made this card in her mom's favorite colors with the following message inside:

I wish you the life of a wildflower –
with the warmth of the sun on your face,
a life that unfolds with bright promise
and blooms at your own unique pace.

I wish you the life of a wildflower–
the resilience to bend in the wind,
a life that can weather the seasons
and return to bloom lovely again.

I wish you the life of a wildflower–
so graceful that others might see
how you brighten the world just by being,
for you’ve made the world brighter for me.

 "Hydrangea" Stamp (Hero Arts), "Thinking of You" (Penny Black), watercolor pencils, "Painted Petals" stack (DCWV), ribbon (American Crafts), "Decorative Labels 8" Die (Spellbinders)
Thanks for looking! (And this makes Project #43 of the 50 Projects Challenge!)

WrinkleFreeDiva








No comments:

Post a Comment