Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Those Shifty Fibers

I recently took an online stamping class over at My Creative Classroom, and just as with all of the other online crafty classes I take, I fell behind. I did manage to get a few of the assignments completed. This one involved using the Versamark Watermark Stamp Pad on darker paper and then layering the same stamp on top. I stamped the forward most tree with Forest Moss distress ink and heat embossed the image. I've never used Versamark before and was quite pleased with the way the card turned out.

The little tip I want to share with you today involves getting your fibers to stay in place. For this card I used some really old paper raffia from my stash. Generally when I add twine, floss, other fibers, and sometimes ribbon to cards or layouts, I use plain ol' ordinary scotch tape to hold it in place in the back. That keeps it from shifting around when I flip the card over to tie it in the front. No need to use costly adhesives because it's not going to show on the finished project.


Taping it in back makes it easier to tie it exactly where I want to in the front.


And here is the finished card! This one was from the staff at my school and went to our principal who resigned at the end of this school year.


So today's tip? Tape those fibers in place in the back to keep them from shifting around.

Thanks for looking!

WrinkleFreeDiva

3 comments:

  1. Awesome card. I meant to say last comment you have the best tips!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, tfs your fiber crafty tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super clever to use tape. Love this gorgeous design.

    ReplyDelete