Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

52 Card Pick Up - Even More Techniques

I'm back with a few more techniques to show you....

If you've been following my blog since I began this class, then you know that one of the earlier techniques called for the use of a Clorox Bleach pen! Well, our teacher had us pull it out again to alter photos. I attempted this technique twice with two different photos. I was too lazy to reprint the first one. The bleach pen was used to write on the darker area of the photo, and then removed with a damp paper towel. On my first attempt, things were going fine but then the pen started bubbling and coming out watery. (I probably should have re-shaken it a few times.) So I pulled out my trusty glaze pen and added the blue writing to the bleached out portion.


Here is my second attempt with the bleach pen. Almost made it again, but then the pen started coming out watery again. I know many would question using bleach on photos, as well as whether its acid-free and will affect the picture in years to come.   While I think it is a cool way to journal on photos, I'm not sure that I'd be brave enough to use this technique on a project that's going into an album.


This textured transparency frame was created by using Staz-on ink and embossing powder. I applied the ink (I used black) directly from the pad to the transparency. It was immediately covered with embossing powder (I decided to be brave and try blue) and then heated with an embossing gun. A window was then cut out so that the frame would fit around the picture.


And lastly...a photo mosaic. I was supposed to cut the photo into five equal vertical strips, and then cut each strip into five equal pieces. My photo was too small (I think it was 3 x 5) and I didn't want the pieces to come out too small. So I cut three horizontally instead of five. I really like this technique and have seen layouts where the results are stunning. I think though that this is best used for landscape or scenery shots. Not too sure how it would look with lots of people in the photo.


Thanks for checking out more cool techniques. Stay tuned...I think I'm going to put together one more techniques post!

1 comment:

  1. Great projects... I love the cut photos ( need to google some directions on this) TFS

    ReplyDelete